2019 Event Reports
- The City after the crisis and Brexit: Will bankers ever be respected again? Sir Howard Davies, Chairman, Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc
Sir Howard traced the impact of the financial crisis on our trust in bankers and the financial sector.
- Higher Education: a crisis of confidence? Sir David Bell KCB – Vice Chancellor and Chief Executive, University of Sunderland
Sir David gave us an optimistic view about the future of Universities, highlighting their key role in society.
- Origins of the Royal Academy of Arts – John Entwistle OBE
Fellows and guests learned about the origins of the Royal Academy, and how this famous institution and its post-graduate teaching school, known as The Schools, came into being.
- What are the consequences of Britain leaving the EU? Professor Robert Hazell CBE
Noting that Brexit is both a political and constitutional crisis, Professor Hazel guided his audience through the constitutional issues raised by Brexit.
- Turkey’s Middle East and Wider Foreign Policies
Sir David shared his analysis of the changes in Turkey’s foreign policy.